AUTHOR: Mario Salazzari
- front stylobate CXCI
- Vedi la scheda di questo autore
The monument is dedicated to Nicola Avanzi and was designed and built by the sculptor Mario Salazzari: it is probably the author’s second work for the Monumental Cemetery of Verona, to be placed after the bust of Giuseppe Zorzi for the Ingenio Claris pantheon of 1947 and before interventions on the chapels of the Cimitero Giardino dating back to the late fifties. The sepulcher consists of a tombstone in granite and a plaque in white marble with a sculpture placed in the central niche depicting three mourners at the foot of the cross.