Giuseppe Poli and Cesare Poli
Giuseppe Poli was born in Verona on the 14th of May 1817. From 1870 to 1877 he taught sculpture at the Academy of Fine Arts G.B. Cignaroli and taught the generation of sculptors born in the 1850s and 1860s, such as his son Cesare, Giacomo Grigolli Luigi Marai, Pietro Bordini and Romeo Cristani.
In 1888, together with his son Cesare, he put his name to the Monumento Albrizzi in the Monumental Cemetery of Verona, drawing again on the model from the group of statues from the façade for the Angel of the Resurrection, later realised by Giacomo Grigolli. The reliefs depicting the Stories of Christ in the front lobby of the Monumental Cemetery of Verona are his work.
The date of his death is unknown, the only certain date is that he lived beyond the year 1894.