AUTHOR: Egisto Zago
- ambulatory, north corner
- Vedi la scheda di questo autore
Commissioned by the Peroni family, which sees two of its members represented here, the work replaces the Borsaro monument from 1916. Inside the rectangular aedicule rounded at the corners rises the full-length image of an angel who welcomes under the their own kneeling man and woman, the members of the Peroni family, in whose representation the attention to the fashion of the time is visible. The refined elegance of the folds that highlight the androgynous body of the angelic figure in wavy pose and the attention to the play of the wings that measure the space of the composition are, instead, characteristic features of the sculptor’s figures.